Director of Member Experience
Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union
Location: HUNT VALLEY, MD
The Director of Member Experience is responsible for delivery of a superior member experience by incorporating a needs-based sales and service culture with accountability and ownership at all levels in the organization. Responsible for developing, communicating, and executing the long- and short-term member experience strategy to continually improve quality of service and maximize the member experience. Responsible for the administration of Business Development activities and results.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful implementation of sales & service training to the entire organization. Also responsible for ensuring other training is accomplished and recognition programs are run consistently across all locations and departments.
- Oversees the branch managers and provides guidance and support for training, staffing coverage, hiring, coaching, and corrective counseling.
- Leads an outbound-call initiative with the branch and call center teams.
- Responsible for analysis of relevant statistics for the business development plan making recommendations to management when required.
- Develops promotional strategies to meet business development goals; develops promotional materials.
- Drive alignment between strategy, objectives, and execution by coaching team members to focus on AFFCU’s short- and long- term business goals, the implications for member service experience, and accurately identifying the corresponding member experience objectives, needs, and deliverables.
- Monitor member survey feedback and other key indicators to drive member satisfaction and resourcing in alignment with AFFCU’s service goals.
- Works with appropriate manager/VP and departments to fill positions as needed. Participates in interviews and makes recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Represents the Credit Union at various functions to develop business relationships.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Produce assigned new business development, to the specified volume or dollar value.
- Provide direction and recommendations to management, based on current research data, regarding the business development strategies and directions the credit union should take.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of financial services offered by the credit union and be knowledgeable of competitors’ services.
- Ensure all activities within sales and service are carried out within prescribed time frames and with zero unresolved errors and no errors resulting in losses to the credit union.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily department demands.
- Develop recommendations for cost efficiencies and enhancements to products, pricing, and processes by monitoring trends in operations and the financial industry.
- Ensure direct reports achieve 90% of all their individual goals.
- Provide informed, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Note observations of employee performance. Give and receive feedback from employee on the same no later than 15 working days following each quarter, completing performance reviews within the prescribed timeframe.
- Proactively participate in at least one regular networking opportunity within the community as a representative of the credit union.
Education & Experience
- Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: (1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Other Skills: Must have good communication skills.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hunt Valley, MD 21031: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.