Director of Marketing
Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Bowie, MD
Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union is seeking a seasoned marketing professional with experience in a credit union or bank to fill the role of Marketing Director. This position leads the development and execution of the organization’s marketing and public relations strategy and is accountable for the daily operations of a full service Marketing Department. This position is an integral part of the senior management team and has oversight and responsibility for all marketing and brand creative to achieve the credit union’s goals and objectives for growth, member service, profitability and visibility while ensuring a consistent message and position aligned with the corporate direction. This position collaborates with the CEO, Board of Directors, and Executive team to attain the strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will also have supervisory experience to direct and manage the activities and performance of the business development staff.
This is a full-time position (Monday thru Friday) with additional hours served overseeing frequent community events. The ideal candidate will consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union, and possess the ability to cope in a team focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives strategy and execution of marketing and communication strategies through a number of channels to achieve organizational growth, profitability, brand awareness and enhanced member satisfaction.
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams or projects in support of strategic goals, objectives and initiatives.
- Recommends and executes strategy based on analysis of numerous consumer research and media ratings data from several primary and secondary resources including Scarborough, Arbitron, Nielsen, RADDON and others. Oversees the effective utilization of Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF) data to develop, implement and measure successful targeted marketing campaigns.
- Oversees the development of effective communication, education and promotional programs to introduce and promote new and existing credit union products, services and delivery systems to members and prospective members.
- Provides oversight and direction in the planning and execution of all print and electronic advertising, promotions and campaigns including determining the most effective media to be utilized. Ensures promotional communications are effective, in compliance and that timelines are met.
- Establishes annual marketing goals and prepares appropriate budget recommendations necessary to accomplish the desired results. Effectively monitors the budget and evaluates and documents the success of marketing campaigns by analyzing and reporting on the results including the return on marketing investment.
- Directs Market and Product Development in the development and evaluation of new products and revisions to existing products, and in conducting and analyzing member and market research.
- Assists in representing the organization at a senior level to community, partners, strategic alliances and vendors. Attends the credit union’s special events and various community events as well as occasional local, state and/or national credit union industry meetings.
- Oversees, contracts with, and manages key vendors and affiliates partnerships who provide advertising placement, electronic and direct marketing services, Member services and SEG access.
- Supports Board of Directors, Senior Management, Compliance, Call Center, and Branch Support.
- Sets department goals and assigns, monitors and reviews the work of marketing staff to ensure completion of goals and responsibilities.
- Prepares a Marketing Plan for presentation at the December Board Meeting.
- Oversees the effective communication of new marketing programs, policies, and procedures to staff.
- Oversees the Nomination process (with assistance of the Nomination Committee) and the Annual Meeting.
- Oversees the public relations efforts with the CEOs approve for the credit union.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years of marketing management experience with at least five (3) of these years at a Senior Management level, directing the marketing function of a full-service financial institution; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) regulations, Maryland/DC Credit Union Law and Rules and Regulations, and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations is desirable.
- Demonstrated above average creativity and innovation skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising strategies, tactics and best practices including social and electronic channels.
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship skills required.
- A minimum of three years’ supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of credit union operations along with its products and services.
- Requires strong analytical skills and experience in interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Knowledge of and the effective utilization of a Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF).
- Strong ability to facilitate strategic initiative teams and projects and work under time constraints to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to operate standard business machines such as computer, printer, fax, copier and telephonic devices and knowledge of various office computer software programs.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please visit the Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union job board and complete our online application.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.