Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Bowie, MD
Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced marketing and communications professional to fill the role of Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist. Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, this specialist will collaborate with the Director of Marketing to aid in the execution of the company’s traditional and digital marketing and advertising campaigns. This person will be instrumental in enhancing our digital marketing efforts and gaining visibility for our brand in the Prince George’s County metro area and in generating potential digital leads for the organization. The candidate in this position will help to develop strong and innovative campaigns to promote the brand and our services and ensure all marketing initiatives are fulfilled to achieve business and lead goals.
This is a full-time position (Monday through Friday) with occasional weekend and evening hours. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work with other departments to include business development activities and supporting community events. The candidate must consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union, and possess the ability to cope in a team-focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aid in the planning, building, and implementing of digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Monitor and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Measure, analyze and report on campaign performance.
- Manage social media platforms while researching and analyzing social and web trends that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities, customer behavior and competitive landscape.
- Assist in planning, execution, and management of photo, audio & video projects from concept to completion. Collaborate with cross functional teams to align with brand objectives.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results.
- Manage editorial calendar and work with marketing team to ensure messaging is consistent across all channels.
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to Business Development team and Branch managers by providing instructions for use or promotion.
- Aid in the collection of quantitative and qualitative data through online surveys, forms, and member experience studies to disseminate to the marketing team.
- Build and maintain public relations media contact lists; maintain and segment email contact lists.
- Aid in the execution of demographic-centered campaigns to drive membership, loan and deposits.
- Work with Director of Marketing poon logistics of community events, sponsorships, and onboarding events. Includes capturing and analyzing attendee list for marketing campaigns, developing content for use planning and executing post-event follow-up to close on leads.
- Create engaging content to support online marketing campaigns including social media, websites, blogs, email, press releases and printed materials.
- Create and maintain a strong presence on social media platforms using social media tools to post regular updates, engage with followers, and run targeted ad campaigns.
- Develop and implement email, social media and SMS content for campaign support and new initiatives.
- Assist with coordinating company social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring delivery of content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop the social media content calendar and research postings via platforms (both industry, brand and community related); and schedule content using tools like Hootsuite. Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel).
- Increase social media engagement by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g., uploading photos, videos to Vimeo/YouTube, etc.).
- Manage Google Ads by ensuring all ads have consistent information, budgets and rankings.
- Record and optimize usage of web analytics to increase online visibility and lead flow through digital campaigns via Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or similar platforms.
- Help in tracking of online and social media analytics, including Google Analytics, website CMS platform, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO; help to optimize SEO rankings on our website.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Studies, Journalism or a related field of study.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- 3-6 years of marketing experience required.
- Proficient with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, SEO, & Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, SEO, SEM, and social media platforms.
- Familiar with social media posting software such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite.
- Familiarity with running paid web and social media ads while working within a budget.
- Proficient in using CMS platforms to manage the company website and digital content.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Advanced experience using Canva and the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere.
- Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Project Management tools like Asana or Monday.com.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please visit the Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union’s job board and complete the linked employment application.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.