Consumer Loan Underwriter
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Do you have experience processing loans for underwriting consumer files?
- Are you resourceful and have the ability to ensure all loans meet established guidelines?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a CFP Consumer Loan Underwriter to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Contractor Finance Programmer (CFP) Consumer Loan Underwriter to join our winning team. Summarily, this position will, under general supervision but following established policies and procedures, be responsible for providing administrative support to the underwriting, processing, closing, post-closing and servicing activities of the Consumer Lending Department.
Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or GED
- Three to five years of similar or related experience
- Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or
- Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A day in the life of a CFP Consumer Loan Underwriter will include:
- Underwriting consumer loans up to the amount assigned per credit union policies. This includes reviewing and analyzing tax returns, paystubs, interest rate calculations, borrower’s credit character, ability and willingness to repay use of existing credit account as well as making recommendations to the VP of Consumer Lending as they pertain to rate structure, loan terms, policies and procedures as needed.
- Verifying that all required documentation has been received; follow-up and request missing information; analyzes the information gathered based on credit union policy; reconcile the income, appraisal value, credit history and determine the terms and conditions of the loan.
- Performing processing functions to include calculating debt to income ratios, loan to value ratios, document preparation, loan disbursement and reconciliation.
- Performing servicing duties as needed such as scanning, title and UCC tracking and recording, insurance verifications and payoff requests.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
· Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
· Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
· 401k employer matching contribution
· Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
· Paid time off & holiday leave
· Educational assistance
· Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: https://www.lfcu.org/careers/
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.