Market USA FCU
Location: Laurel, MD
This is a hybrid position, not fully remote. In-office presence at our Laurel, MD headquarters will be required.
Position Purpose/Summary: Functions as collector for past due loans, credit cards, and overdrawn shares. Responsible for comprehensively and accurately reviewing and verifying information on past due and overdrawn accounts, filing and processing claims, verifying insurance, and assisting with total loss claims.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contacts delinquent accounts by phone, text, and email. Handles incoming collections correspondence received by phone, text, and email. Advises and counsels members of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment. Takes appropriate action to bring account to a current status. As necessary, helps members create custom payment plans.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; makes recommendations to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful. Processes voluntary repossession requests.
- Sets up and maintains accurate files and reports of all collections activity.
- Assist remote collectors with requests for skip-a-pays, ACH originations, claim filing, address changes, member contact by text and email, reference checks, etc.
- File debt protection, GAP, and CPI claims and post claim payments.
- Assist members and insurance companies with total loss processing.
- Process verifications of member vehicle insurance.
- Post payments received from bankruptcy trustees.
- Monthly mailing of line of credit billing notices.
- Assist lending department by reviewing monthly loan sales worksheet.
- Prepare charge-off files for referral to outside collections.
- Testifies at legal proceedings, as required.
- Stays current on collection process knowledge and trends in loan underwriting that contribute to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Performs other duties as
Education & Experience
To perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified, a person would be expected to have:
- Education (Minimum Needed): High School Diploma or GED diploma
- Experience (Minimum Needed): Three to five years customer services experience and one to two years collections experience, preferably at a financial institution
- Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job: Advanced knowledge of credit union products, services, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements; strong computer skills including MS Office; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Special Skills: The ability to successfully perform the stated job functions in a high stress environment. Use of sound judgment.
- Member Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Stress Management/Composure
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Capacity
- Technical Capacity
This job is in an office environment. The employee must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public (members, potential members, vendors). The employee must have the physical capability to effectively use and operate various office-related equipment including, but not limited to, a computer, telephone, calculator, copier, filing cabinet, scanner and fax machine. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is often required to move around the office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.