Chief Lending Officer
Cedar Point Federal Credit Union
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Are you looking to join a dynamic company as an executive leader? Cedar Point Federal Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Lending Officer located in Lexington Park, MD.
The Chief Lending Officer (CLO) is a member of the Credit Union’s executive team and is actively involved in executive-level discussions and decisions. The CLO develops, manages, and oversees consumer, mortgage, and member business lending. Develops lending requirements to provide maximum profitability to the credit union with an acceptable level of risk. Defines the vision for short-term and long-term loan production, growth, and service objectives. Develop relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, examiners, and external partners. Manage the overall direction of credit administration, including quality, loan operations, and servicing. Directs and coordinates activities of lending managers and team leaders engaged in consumer, mortgage, and business lending to drive growth and innovation. Ensures all operations in loan departments are conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures and comply with federal and/or state regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the Mortgage Loan Manager, Debt Recovery Manager, Loan Officer III, Consumer Loan manager, and Business Loan Officers.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new or enhanced lending products designed to meet the member’s borrowing needs and the Credit Union’s loan portfolio growth and earnings goals.
- Ensures the development of necessary policies and procedures for all lending products and practices to provide for requisite levels of service, consistency, cost-effective operations, compliance, and the protection of the credit union’s interests.
- Supervises the credit union’s indirect lending program, which includes communicating and developing relationships with auto dealerships.
- Provides the proper product, policy, procedural, and compliance training on all lending products and processes for lending and operations personnel.
- Ensures the protection of the credit union’s interest in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to credit union policy and the various laws and regulations applicable to the operation of the loan department.
- Responsible for ensuring approval of credit limits on member accounts is based on NCUA Lending Policy and standard lending practices, including but not limited to consideration of creditworthiness, collateral, capacity to repay, and character of the borrower.
- Responsible for the correction of all deficiencies noted in the internal and external audits and regulatory examinations. Determine and monitor concentration limits within the loan portfolio.
- Actively seek out and engage technology to assist in streamlining processes. Act as a lead in identifying new systems and processes.
- Responsible for staying abreast and communicating changes in the credit granting field, including government regulation, technological advancements in computerized credit granting, consumer needs and preferences, and related concerns.
- Review collection reports to ascertain and evaluate the effectiveness of current underwriting policies and practices.
- Assists with internal audit and credit risk management programs to ensure that all policy and legal requirements have been satisfied and maximum efforts have been taken to ensure full ongoing compliance.
- Is responsible for office practices, including staffing and functional efficiencies, to ensure member’s requests to borrow or be granted an extension receive prompt attention and are efficiently processed. Recommends departmental realignment to assure efficiency and timely production of loans.
- Member of Senior Management, or as might be determined, with the Board of Directors in strategic planning, organizing, coordinating, and controlling the credit union’s corporate and operational business affairs.
- Ensures staff members participate in the continuous education, training, and development program at all times and in all lending-related departments to maintain knowledgeable staff and the highest level of competent service delivery to members. Ensures cross-training needs are met.
- Complete required and recommended educational courses; Follow all rules and regulations as applicable to job function, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of seven to ten years of financial services experience in a senior lender position.
- Underwriting experience is preferred
- Strong organizational and community leadership experience
- Strength in problem-solving and human relations
- Knowledge of the financial lending industry
- Experience working within a progressive and growing organization.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of member values and a strong ethical code of conduct
The physical demands as described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, the vital functions include sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas using the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.