Chief Financial Officer
U.S. Postal Service Federal Credit Union
Location: Prince George's County, MD
The U.S. Postal Service Federal Credit Union in Prince George’s County Maryland has an exciting opportunity for an experienced accounting professional who enjoys a challenge and is inspired by the opportunity to make significant contributions to the development, implementation and administration of Credit Union-wide policies and business goals. The ideal candidate will be a highly-experienced controller, senior accounting and operations manager, or similar professional, experienced in banking or credit union operations; regulatory compliance and risk management; supervising staff; working with a supervising board; managing assets, liabilities and investments; budgeting and reporting on all financial activities; and working in a fast-paced environment requiring hands-on participation and support across department functions.
Education & Experience
- BS in business, accounting or finance required; with MBA, CPA and CCUE qualifications preferred
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience with banking or credit union accounting required, with previous investment experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, credit union regulations, legislation, financial reporting and data processing required.
- Minimum three years’ previous supervisory experience of professional staff required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as other spreadsheet and financial analysis programs required.
- Supervises, directs and controls the activities of the accounting and collections departments to ensure a trained, motivated and professional staff capable of providing efficient and effective accounting and collections services by interviewing, hiring, training, assisting, coaching, and establishing performance expectations for accounting and collections staff; managing the productivity of the department and administering performance management as necessary.
- Oversees daily accounting functions, including the general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, reconcilements and daily settlements of electronic services.
- Maintenance and control of all asset, liability and capital accounts of the Credit Union. Responsible for coordinating with the Executive Management Team asset/liability activities including the preparation of model simulation and projections, etc.
- Directs and implements the Credit Union’s operational budgeting and financial planning activities; analyzes and investigates budget variances; prepares a variety of financial reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end basis; monitors the Credit Union’s investments; provides the CEO and board members with routine reports; works with third party brokerage/Investment firms; monitors the purchases and sales of investments for the Credit Union; and monitors the Credit Union’s cash position and manages short term investments.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of regulatory reports, including the quarterly NCUA 5300 Call Report.
- Maintains current knowledge of NCUA rules/requirements, general accounting procedures and technology trends related to computerized accounting functions.
How to Apply
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.