Location: Alexandria, Virginia
As a member of the Delivery Channels Department, this person is responsible for ensuring first-response member service resolution via online chat (co-browsing, video chat, web phone, messaging) through problem-solving, quick response, quick delivery of product knowledge, website navigation, and effective written communication.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of credit union or bank experience in a retail branch or call center (doing deposits, transfers, withdrawals, cross-selling)
Ability to make knowledgeable referrals to new loans and deposit products by cross-selling products and services
- Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
- Demonstrate problem-solving, teamwork, and proactivity
- Must be able to work under pressure and quickly address member concerns, issues, or inquiries while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Symitar experience is preferable
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook)
- You must be detail-oriented, and data sensitive ensuring data integrity
- Displays passion, commitment, and drive to deliver an exceptional member experience
- Organized, detailed, well written and communicates effectively and clearly
- Proficient in DemocracyFCU website,
- Ability to establish quick rapport with customers, respond promptly with correct information
- Excellent ability to assess member needs and recommend alternative products or services; refer to other departments when appropriate
- Can learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our Core Culture Values
Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Handle inbound member communications in a courteous, timely, and professional manner
- Responsible for creating clarity with members requests, understanding their needs, and resolving issues
- Responsible for providing enthusiastic, professional, quality service to members, and non-members.
- Responsible for complying with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for establishing, retaining, and deepening relationships with our members.
- Responsible for meeting certain goals as assigned.
- Responsible for escalating member issues to the appropriate staff and managerial for resolution as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
Democracy Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Democracy Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Democracy Federal Credit Union expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Democracy Federal Credit Union’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit resumes with contact information to Democracy FCU HR: Hire@tqcteam.com
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.