Call Center Representative
Library of Congress FCU
Location: Hyattsville, MD
We are searching for a qualified Call Center representative to provide information concerning the credit union and its services to the membership via phone and other forms of correspondence.
Excellent opportunity for a dependable professional to join a supportive and engaging work environment. Library of Congress FCU is a successful credit union that serves primarily the employees of the Library of Congress.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One year previous teller, customer/member service, lending or telephone service experience required.
- Effective interpersonal communication, written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- PC proficient with Word/Windows, office machines. Able to learn and use a variety of software programs.
- Provide service and information in a pleasant, efficient manner via telephone, mail, and other correspondence including:
- Research and solve member questions, problems and complaints about credit union accounts
- Account verifications
- Cross sell credit union services
- Process various transactions on member accounts
- Transfer members to appropriate department or person
- Assist members with basic questions regarding their loans.
- Check voice mail and email and respond.
- Order Debit cards.
- Provide check copies and statement copies.
- Process wire transfer requests.
- Process stop payments.
- Open and close member accounts.
- Qualified applicants must be proactive, detail oriented, and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Back in 1935, a group of employees from the Library of Congress met to create a credit union to help their coworkers and families get ahead financially. While the credit union has changed over the years the vision of those pioneering library employees remains the same.
Today, the Library of Congress FCU is honored to serve America’s library community. We are here to help you live your best financial life story and we offer a full line of banking services.
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we are member-owned and governed by a volunteer board. That’s why we remain focused on service and support of the library community.
We have a 5-star rating from Bauer Financial. We are a financially strong credit union that exceeds peer averages.
The Library of Congress FCU provides employees with competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, and vision, an employer matching 401(k) plan, generous paid time off, long term disability insurance, educational assistance and career advancement opportunities.
The Library of Congress FCU conducts credit and background checks.
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.