Business Development Representative
Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Bowie, Beltsville, Largo, MD
The Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union is seeking a Business Development Representative to support our membership initiatives and provide service to our membership in the branches.Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, the Business Development/Member Service Representative assists with the planning, organizing and directing of the credit union’s business development initiatives and member relations functions by actively pursuing prospective sponsored employee groups and community members to join the credit union’s membership base; provides exceptional service to all members; maintains a complete understanding of all products and services and demonstrates the ability to identify and match those products and services with member needs. Outside of business development opportunities, the incumbent functions as a Member Service Representative II in the branches; successfully handling the day to day financial needs of prospects and members in the branch.This is a full-time position (Monday thru Friday) with Saturday hours required twice each month. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work additional evening hours as needed, performing business development activities or supporting occasional community events. Incumbent must consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union, and possess the ability to cope in a team focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies business development opportunities for CU involvement and/or sponsorship and organizes set up and implementation of these events
- Identifies and contacts prospective members such as individuals, businesses and employer groups in the field of membership and promotes the benefits of membership in the credit union
- Accurately maintains a database of potential and current partnerships
- Facilitates onsite events to gain new membership for the organization
- Provides support to the Branch Managers in their business development activities
- In all capacities, processes all new membership/share applications for retail accounts such as checking accounts, money market accounts, share certificates, IRAs, Pots of Gold, etc. which include collecting all required documentations and maintenance the new account arising from business development activities
- In all capacities, originates and processes consumer loan applications; including but not limited to: counseling members on various loan products, taking member applications; completing verifications of income, employment, assets, down payments, debts, and property values; and ensuring that all applications are complete, including preparation and issuance of required disclosures, etc.
- In all capacities, provides ongoing member relationship management and servicing, including but not limited to ordering checks, processing forms, debit card maintenance/replacement, closing of accounts and any other routine servicing/maintenance
- In all capacities, actively and enthusiastically facilitates the onboarding process, sales activities and cross-selling of various credit union products and services utilizing a consultative and benefits sales model
- In all capacities, performs other duties and/or special projects of a similar level of complexity as assigned.
Education & Experience
- An Associate degree in Business Administration or comparable experience is preferred
- Minimum two years relevant experience with a financial institution and/or sales field
- Must be bondable
- Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Background and credit check required
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
This position requires a complete understanding of all products and services and lending policies and guidelines, as well as specific loan programs, qualifications, insurance, etc., to provide full financial services.
This position could be assigned to either of our branch locations in Bowie, Beltsville or Largo; and location assignments are subject to change at the discretion of management.
The ideal candidate must consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union and possesses the ability to cope in a team focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
- Spanish-speaking preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Background and Credit Check Required
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete our online application.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.