Business Development Account Executive
Location: Laurel, Maryland
The incumbent serves as an account executive, acquiring, maintaining and expanding relationships with strategically-targeted companies and associations. The position will be responsible for new Select Employee Group (SEG) and Select Association Group (SAG) acquisition, targeting high-growth and/or established mid- to large-sized companies with a high concentration of knowledge workers (for example high-tech, bio-tech, government contractors, and professional practices). The incumbent directs the sales and relationship cycle and collaborates closely with colleagues to increase membership growth within SEGs/SAGs through close management of accounts including maintaining excellent relationships with C-Suite and other appropriate contacts at both newly acquired and existing SEGs/SAGs. Serves as a Tower representative at designated professional, community and special events.
Education & Experience
1. Identifies, acquires, on-boards and maintains relationships with companies and organizations that would be good fits to bring into Tower’s field of membership. Works in partnership with other Tower staff to increase member penetration per the annual business plan for growth, penetration and retention.
2. Establishes strong relationships with appropriate senior level executives and other key stakeholders such as human resources, board members, etc. at prospective and current SEGs/SAGs.
3. Works closely with Business Development Account Manager and other internal resources to ensure assigned SEGs/SAGs receive a high level of service and that their expectations are met.
4. Leads on-boarding, retention and penetration activities by collaborating with multiple internal departments including, but not limited to, advertising, product management/eCommerce, and branch staff to ensure maximum member penetration.
5. Effectively presents the benefits of Tower membership in one-on-one meetings, at benefit fairs, health fairs, during site visits, at farmers’ markets and through conference calls and webinars.
6. Develops and implements sales plans to capture new business and negotiates with company and organization representatives to establish and maintain access to their employees or members.
7. Inputs and maintains all activities in regards to current and prospective member companies and organizations, and all external interactions in the customer relationship database (Salesforce).
8. Maintains external presence in appropriate regional business, defense and economic development organizations, as well as maintains current knowledge of regional economic and business trends and events.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field. Minimum of four years successful, progressively responsible business to business sales and service experience. This professional level experience is highly preferred to be in the financial or professional services industry. Demonstrated success and proven ability in meeting consultative sales goals required. Salesforce experience is a plus. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to retain and maintain a Red Corridor clearance via our sponsor.
• Must be able to operate within a customer relationship database and skilled in Microsoft Office products.
• Must possess superior interpersonal skills and remain comfortable addressing, cold calling, networking and establishing strong relationships with all levels of an organization, especially executive level decision makers.
• Strong ability to operate strategically, finding positive solutions when faced with a challenge.
• Must possess and demonstrate a strong passion for excellence.
• Must possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills
• Must possess or have the ability to acquire a moderate to deep understanding of financial products and services, particularly loans.
• Ability to identify cause and affect relationships and evaluate risk/costs vs. potential return.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision while still achieving results is required.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while representing Tower in the business community and with current and prospective members.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and with a focus on generating and developing new leads.
• Ability to strategically and creatively develop and provide solutions.
• Ability to develop action plans and organizes workload to accommodate competing deadlines.
• Must be able to interpret statistical and other quantitative data related to market conditions, product penetration and membership penetration.
• Must be collaborative and be able to work among varying departments and able to interact effectively and professionally with colleagues and managers.
• Has knowledge of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures and all regulations related to the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC.
• On a regular, recurring basis, and at variable hours, must be able to independently travel, conduct, and consult with others regarding external and/or internal (scheduled and ad hoc) sales calls, webinars, etc.
• Flexibility outside of normal working hours is required while representing Tower in the community.
• Must be willing and able to repeatedly travel to various company and organization sites on an independent basis.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as necessary, without immediate access to other management or staff support.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license issued from state of residence and personal reliable transportation are required.
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and demonstrate sufficient dexterity and vision to operate a variety of office equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
• Ability to work the hours needed which may extend beyond the defined work schedule when operating conditions dictate.
How to Apply
Go to: //www.towerfcu.org/careers
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.