Assistant Branch Manager
Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Bowie, Largo, Beltsville, MD
Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union is seeking a banking or credit union professional with five years of customer service experience to serve as an Assistant Branch Manager. Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, the Assistant Branch Manager supports the Branch Manager position in the efficient daily operation of the branch by performing or accepting delegated responsibility over any or all aspects of branch services, including developing new deposit and loan business; providing superior customer service; promoting a sales and service culture through leadership, training and supervision of all branch staff; as well as supporting the membership through the performance of member transactions; all while striving to achieve established membership, deposit, loan and service goals, thereby increasing market share and advancing the credit union’s strategic objectives.
This is a full-time position (Monday thru Friday) with routine Saturday hours required. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work additional evening hours needed, supporting occasional community events, must consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union, and possess the ability to cope in a team focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Branch Manager with the operations of the branch, scheduling staff; answers routine to complex questions on products and services, policies and procedures, or rules and regulations; and in the absence of the Branch Manager, has the authority to direct individual branch operations
- Assists the Branch Manager with branch security at all levels to include open/close of the facility, vault, and safe deposit boxes; ensures that staff receives on-going training on security and robbery procedures
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and procedural expertise in all Credit Union products and services
- Provides staff members a positive, professional role model of our ECO culture which includes, operations, member service and sales through personal example
- Promotes Credit Union programs and encourages new membership by making internal and external sales calls to existing and potential members in the community; identifies their needs and determines the best approach to present the Credit Union’s services and products in order to maintain and/or generate new relationships
- Apply policies and procedures for the branch
- Fulfills the duties of a branch MSR to include deposit services, account maintenance, new memberships and accounts and consumer loan processing.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of the teller line staff and all operations. Fulfills Head Teller or Teller duties on an as-needed basis.
- Completes monthly coaching sessions and the annual performance reviews for the teller staff within the required timeframes.
- Develops and facilitates the monthly branch staff meetings as requested by the BM.
- Keeps informed of regulations, trends and developments with competitors and in the industry through such activities as reading publications, contacting counterparts in other organizations, and attending meetings, seminars, and special events
- Maintain a culture of excellence, success and positivity within the branch
- Provides training to staff on sales/service and operational processes on an as-needed basis
- Prepares reports as requested by management
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
Requires an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field or five or more years of member service representative and loan application processing experience within a financial organization
Requires three years demonstrated sales excellence
- Prior supervisory and/or training experience preferred
Requires strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills (Spanish speaking a plus) as well as an ability to write professional correspondence and to present in front of a group and conduct meetings
Requires the ability to relate management goals and objectives to budgets and action plans, focusing on increasing profitability while maintaining superior member service
Requires the ability to train, motivate, and supervise employees, and to maintain an effective schedule of work flow within the Branch
Requires the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures, making exceptions as required
Requires the ability to cope with the pressure of a fast-paced environment and working directly with members who may frequently be impatient or irate
Requires the ability to comprehend and enforce applicable policies and procedures, to make sound decisions, take action and accept responsibility for the outcome
Requires the ability to comprehend and communicate the terms and benefits of all products, services, lending products, policies and guidelines, etc., to facilitate comprehensive financial services to members
Requires the ability to actively and enthusiastically facilitate the cross-selling of various credit union products and services
Requires the ability to meet deadlines, multitask and pay attention to detail
Requires the ability to operate general office machines and equipment
Must be bondable
Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit our online employment application.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.