Police Federal Credit Union
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Manage the activities of the accounting department and staff. Ensure reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles. Ensure financial management and operations support is provided to the credit union. Maintain reliable accounting information, records and reports. Develop, manage and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts. Manage the activities of the accounting department and staff. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices and adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Education & Experience
Incumbent will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of three (3) years professional accounting/payroll processing experience, preferably in a credit union or banking environment. Proficiency with Excel is a must.
1. Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, general ledger, investments, payroll, and taxes.
2. Responsible for ensuring payroll is processed in accordance with established procedures; reviewing payroll source documents and preparing preliminary and final reports. Respond to employee questions relating to payroll process.
3. Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department, insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and properly implemented by subordinates.
4. Reconcile revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports, and claims disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
5. Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries.
6. Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
7. Maintain a highly motive, well-trained staff, evaluating the performance of the staff on a regular basis. Resolve employee questions and/or conflicts.
8. Assist with audit activities with examiners and external auditors.
9. Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
10. Provide regular reports to management of all online accounting activities for the credit union’s accounting / bookkeeping department.
11. Monitor fixed asset management.
12. Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
13. Perform other duties, to include management of various short-term and long-term projects, as assigned by the CFO.
Although the central offices for Police FCU are located in Upper Marlboro, employees may be required to report for work at other branch locations on an as needed basis. This position is full-time and in-person.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Assistant VP, Accounting and Back Office
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.