Police Federal Credit Union
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Organization Conformance Statement: In the performance of their respective duties and responsibilities all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and management.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other departments, employees, customers, members, and management.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments, and have general knowledge of Police Federal Credit Union’s operations and services.
Position Purpose: To support the financial management and back office operations of the credit union. Perform accounting duties of moderate complexity in accordance with standard procedures and under limited supervision. Maintain accounting records and reports.
Education & Experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
- To assist members with their card accounts; control issuing, blocking, or renewal of credit cards/ATM cards/Debit cards.
- Performs supporting administrative tasks within the accounting department including processing mail, posting accounting entries, and assisting others within the department as needed.
- Performs supporting administrative tasks within the back office department including processing bill payment sign up, e-statement enrollment, and processing overdraft letters.
- Maintain proficiency in Accounting Clerk I duties and responsibilities, and serve as back-up for accounting and back office department positions.
- Research and resolve problems or questions from members concerning transactions involving their accounts; overdrafts; account closings; transfer of funds; adjustments, etc. Make corrections and refunds on accounts as necessary.
General Duties and Responsibilities: The following are the general duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Answer internal calls and questions from employees regarding accounting and back office department processes and functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Incumbent will have a HS diploma, with strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Previous accounting background preferred and MS Office computer software proficiency required
Work Site: Although the central offices for Police FCU are located in Upper Marlboro, employees may be required to report for work at other branch locations on an as needed basis.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.